Helpful hints and tips for a successful property purchase on the Costa del Sol
We love the Costa del Sol! So much so we recommend living here all year round. There is so much to see and do with an amazing quality of life a on offer. It’s the complete package with an incredible climate, mouth-watering cuisine, warm and welcoming people and a rich and varied culture to broaden the mind.
Our homes are designed to complement this incredible setting with easy access to all the diverse delights available on the sunshine coast. Whether as a main residence or a weekend getaway we are here with a knowledgeable team to help make your move as smooth as possible.
Here’s our top 3 helpful hints and tips for purchasing in the region.
- Do your research on the area. Each town has something slightly different to offer. Perhaps search for a town that offers a great Marina if you are into sailing or the best beaches in walking distance.
- Don’t waste time when you find the one! So often we see people miss out on their dream property due to hesitancy. What we have found is that the saying ‘when you know, you know,’ is very true. Don’t let that dream property get away because you feel obliged to wait just in case there happens to be another dream property that comes along. We can assure you if you truly love it, that won’t change by waiting a few days.
- Don’t forget to take into account the extra costs when buying:
- Property Transfer Taxes – from 8% – 10% depending on the price bracket (not on new build homes)
- IVA (Spanish VAT) – 10% (applicable only to new property sales)
- Notary fees – from 1%
- Land Registry fees – approximately 1%
- Stamp duty – up to 1.5%
- Mortgage costs and bank fees, from 1% – 2% of the loan
Remember to include these in your budget to avoid any hidden surprises once you have selected the home of your dreams.
If you would like further information on buying your dream home on the Costa Del Sol please get in touch with our team today. Call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org